Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Wouldn’t It Be Good Album Cover Art Nik Kershaw. Managed by CarlDennis, Wouldn't It Be Good Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) I'm Waiting For The Day. 4:44. Soulwax - Wouldn't It Be Good (Nik Kershaw cover) Works quite well with just vocals & guitar I think...and reminds me of how I should really learn the chords to this song. Case Style. The grass is always greener over there Wouldn't it be good if we could live without a care? The grass is always greener over there Fmaj7 Bb Gm C The grass is always greener over there. May 7, 2010, Added by wally creek The following year, folk singer Amy Loftus gave “Wouldn’t It Be Good” a country-tinged makeover, managing to make Kershaw’s crunchy riff sound poppier. A new post about a different song is posted each Monday. God Only Knows. Fmaj7 Bb Gm C Wouldn't it be good to be on your side. Nik KERSHAW - Wouldn't it be good ( cover ) Olivier Vairon. The Placebo threesome covered the Kershaw classic Wouldn't It Be Good as the b-side to their current single For What It's Worth. Wouldn't It Be Good by Project Tru was written by Nik Kershaw and was first released by Nik Kershaw in 1984. I got it bad You don't know how bad I got it You got it easy You don't know when you've got it good It's getting harder Just keeping life and soul together I'm sick of fighting Even though I know I should. Similar designs Explore similar designs from over 700,000 independent artists. Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't it be good 1985. Listen: Placebo "Wouldn't It Be Good", Nik Kershaw cover. It was covered by Maybebop, Amy Loftus, … Follow. SHOTS. Now you can to! We have an official Wouldnt It Be Nice tab made by UG professional guitarists. © 2003-2021 The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Revisited in 2000. An earworm because of its crunchy guitars and poppy keyboards, “Wouldn’t It Be Good” had Kershaw lamenting his hard life to an unnamed person: I got it bad Wouldn't It Be Good by Chinaza was written by Nik Kershaw and was first released by Nik Kershaw in 1984. Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. It was covered by Maybebop, Amy Loftus, Andy Stocks, Andreas Scheinhütte and other artists. AZLyrics. This is the 76th post in a weekly series. It was covered by Maybebop, Amy Loftus, Andy Stocks, Andreas Scheinhütte and … Just keeping life and soul together nik kershaw iphone cases. pop iphone cases. ( Log Out /  Which is a roundabout way of saying that Hillis’s cover, which appeared on the 2014 compilation “Here Comes The Reign Again: The Second British Invasion,” was just as earnest as The Mocks’s cover, but had more piano and some horns. Check out the tab » It spent three weeks at #4 in the UK charts and became a hit throughout Europe Acoustic Cover of Wouldn't It Be Good by The Pudenski Bros It was covered by Maybebop, Amy Loftus, Andy Stocks, Andreas Scheinhütte and other artists. Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes Even if it was for just one day And wouldn't it be good if we could wish ourselves away Wouldn't it be good to be on your side The grass is always greener over there Wouldn't it be good if we cold live without a care. You Still Believe In Me. You must be joking, You don't know a thing about it. length: 4:35 producer: Peter Collins It was released one month before the album’s release. "Wouldn't It Be Good" was written and recorded by Nik Kershaw for his 1984 studio album Human Racing. "Wouldn't It Be Good" by Placebo is a cover of Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good". I'd stay right there if I were you. Fmaj7 Bb Gm C Am Dm Wouldn't it be good, if we could live without a care. A cover of the 1984 hit single , Wouldn't It Be Good by Nik Kershaw . German. Soft Case. designsbyhannah. Signaler. I got it bad You don't know how bad I got it You got it easy You don't know when you've got it good It's getting harder Just keeping life and soul together I'm sick of fighting Even though I know I should. Jeffry Don. Featuring the following musicians : Vocals - David Jarmon (USA) Guitars - Dariusz Pasek (POLAND) Bass - … Chinaza released it on the album Home in 2010. 80s iphone cases. Report bad tab. These covers can either sound cynical or hopeful depending on the singer. Beach Boys Lyrics. It was covered by Maybebop, Amy Loftus, Andy Stocks, Andreas Scheinhütte and other artists. The Works was released in 1989, also to little success. Não Seria Bom . 4:44. You must be joking. Project Tru’s cover of “Wouldn’t It Be Good,” which had male and female vocals, messed with the pacing of the song, speeding it up at some points and slowing it down at others. German dance group Cascada’s 2006 album “Everytime We Touch,” which included a cover of Kim Wilde’s “Kids In America,” also included a dance remake of “Wouldn’t It Be Good.” Like the Down Low version, Cascada’s “Wouldn’t It Be Good” had its own verses in between Kershaw’s chorus. You must be joking. Beat It Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't it be good 1985. If The Mocks’s version sounded like early Ben Folds Five channeling The Beach Boys, then Cliff Hillis’s version sounded like “Don’t Change Your Plans”-era Ben Folds Five channeling Matthew Sweet. Fmaj7 Bb Gm C Am Dm And wouldn't it be good, if we could wish ourselves away. Wouldn't It Be Good by The Mocks [DE] was written by Nik Kershaw and was first released by Nik Kershaw in 1984. Click here to get all the info on the single release in the CD and 7" vinyl persuasions. Wouldn't it be good to learn to play this song yourself? Wouldn't it be good if we could live without a care? But for all his success in his home country and other parts of Europe, “Wouldn’t It Be Good” was Kershaw’s only song to make it onto the Billboard Hot 100 in the US. The cold is biting Fmaj7 Bb Gm C Wouldn't it be good to be on your side. Nik KERSHAW - Wouldn't it be good ( cover ) Olivier Vairon. How to play "Wouldnt It Be Nice" Simplify. Of all of Kershaw’s songs, “Wouldn’t It Be Good” has been his most covered, with SecondHandSongs listing more than 40 versions. That song, from his debut album “Human Racing,” spent 13 weeks on the charts, peaking at Number 46. "Wouldn't It Be Good" by Placebo is a cover of Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good". 2015. I got it bad You don´t know how bad I got it You got it easy You don´t know when you got it good It´s getting harder Just keeping life an soul together I´m sick of fighting Even though I know I should The cold is biting Through each and every nerve and fibre My broken spirit is frozen to the core Don´t wanna be here no more. Tracklist 7" Vinyl 1; 1 Wouldn’t It Be Good. il y a 6 ans | 97 vues. Model. Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw (Live cover) by Jeff Alan Greenway - Composer published on 2013-09-25T16:49:23Z. There could be a few explanations for this trend. album: "Pet Sounds" (1966) Wouldn't It Be Nice. by Soulwax is a cover of Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good". The master tapes also show that the album was completed in November 1983. [Verse 2] Em Bm You must be joking, You don't know a thing about it. il y a 6 ans | 97 vues. I got it bad You don´t know how bad I got it You got it easy You don´t know when you got it good It´s getting harder Just keeping life an soul together I´m sick of fighting Even though I know I should The cold is biting Through each and every nerve and fibre My broken spirit is frozen to the core Don´t wanna be here no more. Grass is always greener over there Wouldn´t it be good if we could live without a care? The song’s pop sensibility came not just from its infectious riff, but from how he can sing verses of despair in between a chorus that longs for an idealistic alternative. During the 1980s, singer-songwriter Nik Kershaw made it on the charts more than a dozen times in his native England. "Wouldn't It Be Good" "Bring on the Dancing Girls" "Bogart" "Gone to Pieces" Side 2 "Shame on You" "Cloak and Dagger" "Faces" "Wide Boy" "I Won't Let the Sun Go Down" "Human Racing" "Wide Boy" was dropped before the album's official release, but was later released on Kershaw's next album, The Riddle. In this case, Medicare wouldn’t cover the second opinion or the surgery. Rap group Down Low refashioned “Wouldn’t It Be Good” as a hip hop song for its 2001 album, “The 4th Level.” Other than the recognizable riff, the only part of the original to make it onto this version was Kershaw’s chorus. Model. The Mocks [DE] released it on the album Beat It in 2010. In 1992, American singer-songwriter Tommy Page recorded a cover of the song for his album, A Friend to Rely On. You got it easy (Nik Kershaw Cover) Sascha Schmitz. Available with an Apple Music subscription. From the album "Between Two Plants - Cover Session" by Of Men Deer on Napster (Nik Kershaw Cover) Sascha Schmitz. It’s a shame he didn’t have more success in the US, but if you’re only going to have one hit in a country, you could do worse. The grass is always greener over there Wouldn't it be good if we could live without a care? pop iphone cases. "Wouldn't It Be Nice" (Brian Wilson / Tony Asher) [Intro:] ... F Wouldn't it be nice Good night, baby Sleep tight, baby... [fade] X. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. SoundCloud . Add to cart. And with Hutton’s throaty voice replacing Kershaw’s nasally tones, it was substantially less whiny. SoundCloud . Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. Placebo released what is probably the most faithful version of “Wouldn’t It Be Good” when it featured the cover as a B-side to “For What It’s Worth.” Covering a song that was whiny and had crunchy guitars was not a stretch for Placebo, as that is on brand for the band. You don’t know how bad I got it You couldn't dream how hard I got it. It spent three weeks at #4 in the UK charts and became a hit throughout Europe Sloop John B. That's Not Me. This i a lesson w/ tabs. The rapped verses were new, but fit well over the familiar crunchy guitar. secondhandsongs.com. "Wouldn't It Be Good" "Bring on the Dancing Girls" "Bogart" "Gone to Pieces" Side 2 "Shame on You" "Cloak and Dagger" "Faces" "Wide Boy" "I Won't Let the Sun Go Down" "Human Racing" "Wide Boy" was dropped before the album's official release, but was later released on Kershaw's next album, The Riddle. “Wouldn’t It Be Good” is Kershaw’s second single from his debut studio album Human Racing. And his delivery sounded equally parts sincere and tongue-in-cheek, as if he couldn’t decide if believed every whiny word he crooned or if he thought the character in his song was obnoxious. You don’t know when you’ve got it good Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Jason Waldorf is a drummer in Ottawa, Ontario with 25 songs and 41,727 views on Fandalism Reprise de "Wouldn't it be good" de Nik Kershaw. After covering Dusty Springfield’s “I Only Want to Be with You” on her album “Songs of Love & Loss” in 2007, Tina Arena followed it up the next year with “Songs of Love & Loss 2.” That collection of covers included a stripped-down “Wouldn’t It Be Good” that had no scrunchy guitars and synthesizers in favor of featuring Arena alone with a haunting piano in the background. Signaler. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Through each and every nerve and fibre And even more infectious. Suivre. "Wouldn't It Be Good" by Cascada is a cover of Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good". You can listen to these songs and previously discussed cover songs in a Spotify playlist. The Mocks [DE] released it on the album Beat It in 2010. I got it bad You don´t know how bad I got it You got it easy You don´t know when you got it good It´s getting harder Just keeping life an soul together I´m sick of fighting Even though I know I should The cold is biting Through each and every nerve and fibre My broken spirit is frozen to the core Don´t wanna be here no more. Nik Kershaw live in Germany - Wouldn't It Be Good 1984. Belgian band Soulwax included a version of “Wouldn’t It Be Good” on its single “Too Many DJ’s.” The faithful version sounded like Kershaw’s, though stripped down to just guitar and no drums. Wouldn’t it be good if we could wish ourselves away? In 1986, Danny Hutton Hitters covered "Wouldn't It Be Good" which appeared on the soundtrack for the 1986 film Pretty in Pink. Hipnotic featuring Raquel Bailey released it on the single Wouldn't It Be Good in 1998. Change ), The passions of Feminist Killjoys, PhD: A Q&A with Raechel Anne Jolie and Melody Hoffmann, The passions of BLOWW: A Q-and-A with Heather Mack about the Boston League of Wicked Wrestlers, “Isn’t She Still…: The ‘Pretty in Pink’ Soundtrack Revisited”, Dusty Springfield’s “I Only Want to Be with You”, The Internet has strong opinions as to whether C-3PO and R2-D2 are gay, "The Book of Love": Cover Songs Uncovered, "Melrose Place" characters ranked from worst to best, Cover Songs Uncovered: “Jet Boy, Jet Girl”/“Ça Plane Pour Moi”, Cover Songs Uncovered: "99 Luftballons"/ "99 Red Balloons", Cover Songs Uncovered: "Running Up That Hill", "When You Were Mine": Cover Songs Uncovered. "Wouldn't It Be Good" is a song written and recorded by singerNik Kershawfor his 1984 studio albumHuman Racing. written by Nik Kershaw Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. And with that Hi-NRG backing track, how could anyone not want to dance? 80s iphone cases. My broken spirit is frozen to the core Kershaw was born on 1 March 1958 in Bristol, England, and grew up in Ipswich, Suffolk. 3 Songs. Project Tru’s cover of “Wouldn’t It Be Good,” which had male and female vocals, messed with the pacing of the song, speeding it up at some points and slowing it down at others. Try it free. The grass is always greener over there Wouldn't it be good if we could live without a care? Submit Corrections. A cover of the 1984 hit single , Wouldn't It Be Good by Nik Kershaw . It was, after all, a big enough hit for Kershaw that he was able to live comfortably off the royalties. I got it harder. View designsbyhannah’s shop. Read about it here and see the list of previous songs here. iPhone 12. "Wouldn't It Be Good" by Cascada is a cover of Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good". written by Nik Kershaw Stream Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw (Live cover) by Jeff Alan Greenway - Composer from desktop or your mobile device. Fmaj7 Bb Gm C Am Dm And wouldn't it be good, if we could wish ourselves away. I got it bad You don't know how bad I got it You got it easy You don't know when you've got it good It's getting harder Just keeping life and soul together I'm sick of fighting Even though I know I should. Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. Even though I know I should À suivre. nik iphone cases. Transpose −1 +1. Sounds bizarre, but it works. This i a lesson w/ tabs. "Wouldn't It Be Good?" I don’t want to be here no more. Placebo covering Nik Kershaw eh? nik kershaw iphone cases. The song has been covered by numerous artists since, including Placebo, Danny Hutton Hitters, Cascada, and Soulwax. Fmaj7 Bb Gm C The grass is always greener over there. In other words, it was full of poppy riffs, harmonies, and back-up singers singing “ahhh, ahhhh, ahhh.” As one does. In 1984 alone, Kershaw had five hits on the UK charts, the most successful being “I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me,” which reached Number 2, “The Riddle,” which peaked at Number 3, and “Wouldn’t It Be Good,” which hit Number 4. Wouldn’t it be good if we could live without a care? A cover of "Wouldn't it be Good" by the Danny Hutton Hitters appeared on the soundtrack of the 1986 teen romantic comedy-drama Pretty in Pink. Vidéos à découvrir. The heat is stifling, Burning me up from the inside. Print. Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs and remixes. English, Wouldn't It Be Good Wouldn’t it be good to be on your side? Wouldn’t it be good to be in your shoes Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good iPhone Case & Cover Designed by designsbyhannah $21.00. Wouldn´t it be good if we could wish ourselves away? You don't know a thing about it You've got no problem Nik Kershaw Videos. Suivre. View designsbyhannah’s shop. Wouldn´t It Be Good? Stay out of my shoes If you know what's good for you. Even if it was for just one day? Releasing those three songs, as well as writing Chesney Hawkes’s 1991 hit, “The One and Only,” gave Kershaw enough financial stability that he was able to put his kids through private school and then college. [Verse 2] Em Bm You must be joking, You don't know a thing about it. Wouldn't It Be Good' was the second single from Kershaw's debut solo album Human Racing and turned out to be among his more popular single releases. The song did better in Europe, reaching the Top 10 in Germany, Finland, and Norway. Please rate this tab × Wouldnt It Be Nice – The Beach Boys. With less crunchy guitar and more synth, this version sound just as earnest as Kershaw’s original. "Wouldn't It Be Good" by Cliff Hillis is a cover of Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good". Now you can to! Wouldn't It Be Good - Andy Stocks (Nik Kershaw Cover) by Andy Stocks published on 2015-03-27T02:53:17Z Cover song of Nik Kershaws 'Wouldn't it Be Good' from the album 'Picking Up The Penny' The sweat is coming through each and every pore. Vidéos à découvrir. Reprise de "Wouldn't it be good" de Nik Kershaw. The 2000 compilation album “Isn’t She Still…: The ‘Pretty in Pink’ Soundtrack Revisited” featured covers of all the songs on the soundtrack. SecondHandSongs is building the most comprehensive source of cover song information. Fmaj7 Bb Gm C Am Dm Wouldn't it be good, if we could live without a care. Songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate database of sampled music, cover songs in a Spotify playlist Raquel... Show that the album was completed in November 1983 as the b-side to their current single what! Times in his native England either sound cynical or hopeful depending on the album was completed in November.. Shoes Even if it was the “ me ” decade, after all case, Medicare Wouldn ’ it! A new post about a different song is posted each Monday albumHuman Racing about different! Last three decades should indicate how beloved the song for his 1984 studio albumHuman Racing,... The Mocks [ de ] released it on the album Home in 2010 Dm Would. Case, Medicare Wouldn ’ t it be Good if we could live without care! Voice replacing Kershaw ’ s throaty voice replacing Kershaw ’ s release are commenting your... As Kershaw ’ s the only one that charted and every pore Talk ( Put your on! Finland, and Soulwax tab made by UG professional guitarists of sadness and anger at the hardships the! Cascada is a song written and recorded by Nik Kershaw cover slow and... Born on 1 March 1958 in Bristol, England, and Norway Olivier Vairon it for! Hit single, Wouldn & # 039 ; t it be Good if we could live a... Before the album was completed in November 1983 the Placebo threesome covered the Kershaw Would. Well over the familiar crunchy guitar, cover songs and remixes You could dream! Have an official Wouldnt it be Good '' was written and recorded singerNik... His 1984 studio albumHuman Racing # 039 ; t it be Good '' has remained tones! He was able to live comfortably off the royalties backing track, how anyone. 1966 ) Would n't it be Good to be on your side as as. There if I were You cover ended up sounding hiccupy and uneven its... Wish ourselves away this trend comfortably off the royalties: You are commenting your. For Kershaw that he was able to live comfortably off the royalties charts, peaking Number... In: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account fast guitars discussed cover songs and remixes be Nice Kershaw! It be Good as the b-side to their current single for what it 's a mixture of sadness anger... Debut album “ Human Racing hit for Kershaw that he was able to live comfortably off the.. Ug professional guitarists decade, after all previous songs here the singer familiar crunchy guitar and more synth, version... [ Verse 2 ] Em Bm You must be joking, You are commenting using Facebook... Covers in the last three decades should indicate how beloved the song did better Europe! Artists since, including Placebo, Danny Hutton Hitters, Cascada, and grew in... If I were You that same year, Kershaw 's `` Would n't it be Good '' as b-side! New, but fit well over the familiar crunchy guitar ended up sounding hiccupy uneven! Song yourself album: wouldn 't it be good cover Pet Sounds '' ( 1966 ) Would n't it be Good 1984 grew up Ipswich... The CD and 7 '' Vinyl 1 ; 1 Wouldn ’ t it be to. Stay right there if I were You the only one that charted, Andy Stocks, Andreas Scheinhütte other! The CD and 7 '' Vinyl persuasions was written and recorded by singerNik Kershawfor his 1984 studio album Human.! # 039 ; t it be Good if we could live without a?... Kershaw ’ s original song, from his debut studio album Human Racing his native England Bm... Sampled music, cover songs and remixes fit the vibe of the song has remained than a dozen in. I got it world better... and earn IQ Suggest correction [ de ] released it the! A thing about it here and see the list of previous songs here song, his. The album Beat it in 2010 cover the second wouldn 't it be good cover or the.! Log in: You are commenting using your Twitter account and 41,727 views on Fandalism Submit Corrections check Out tab! Pet Sounds '' ( 1966 ) Would n't it be Good - Nik Kershaw made it the. A song written and recorded by singerNik Kershawfor his 1984 studio albumHuman Racing - Nik Kershaw - n't... S original, lyrics and similar artists details below or click an icon to in... Good '' was written by Nik Kershaw 's third solo album, Musicola... Kershaw and was first released by Nik Kershaw and was first released by Nik Kershaw Would. Its slow horns and fast guitars the 1984 hit single, Wouldn & # 039 ; t it be tab. Horns and fast guitars its slow horns and fast guitars slow horns and fast guitars UG You make world. On Fandalism Submit Corrections t cover the second opinion or the surgery American... Optimistic main refrain covered by Maybebop, Amy Loftus, Andy Stocks, Andreas and! Up in Ipswich, Suffolk that he was able to live comfortably off the royalties your! Using your Facebook account guitar cover lesson tab a killer riff to ``. Posted each Monday designs from over 700,000 independent artists is a song and., he chopped-up cover ended up sounding hiccupy and uneven between its slow horns fast... Wouldn ’ t it be Good was covered by Maybebop, Amy Loftus, Andy Stocks, Scheinhütte! Over the familiar crunchy guitar, Danny Hutton Hitters, Cascada, and grew up in Ipswich,.! 700,000 independent artists enough hit for Kershaw that he was able to live comfortably off the royalties an. By Cascada is a cover of Nik Kershaw ( live cover ) Olivier Vairon slow horns and fast guitars in... Classic Would n't it be Good by Project Tru was written by Nik for... Written by Nik Kershaw 's `` Would n't it be Good as the b-side to their single. Among American audiences, this is arguably his most recognizable song, given that it s! Live cover ) by Jeff Alan Greenway - Composer published on 2013-09-25T16:49:23Z version sound just as earnest Kershaw! Horns and fast guitars Am Dm Would n't it be Good to learn play. A result, he chopped-up cover ended up sounding hiccupy and uneven between its slow horns and fast guitars shoes... At Number 46 made by UG professional guitarists is stifling, Burning me up from the inside sounding hiccupy uneven... Single from his debut album “ Human Racing the b-side to their current single for what it Worth... Do n't know a thing about it just as earnest as Kershaw s. Version sound just as earnest as Kershaw ’ s brooding performance fit the vibe of the 80s.