Absolutely, a person of interest, absolutely a person of interest. Liz Reyes is an award winning anchor and reporter. I told him we were working on a story about the unsolved murder of his ex-wife Edna Muscarello Lester and asked if he wanted to do a phone interview with us regarding some of the allegations after talking with the NOPD and his daughter Angel. A shoe-print tread next to Karen's body matched Sharon's shoe. My daughter is really nuts. Facebook Page New Orleans Police Department Cold Case Squad. If you have a murder for hire, you don’t want to make it look like murder for hire; you want it to look like a possible sexual assault. NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) - The year was 1981: Prince Charles and Lady Diana married in an unforgettable Royal Wedding. Dutch Morial was in his first term of office as mayor of New Orleans. When he was asked if he had a lawyer we can talk to he said, “No, I’m keeping what I got to statement, ok?”. What other unsolved New Jersey cases should we feature in the months to come? 715 South Broad St New Orleans, LA 70119. Contact Us    ... Kevin told friends he was eloping with Ashley to New Orleans. I am just now reading up on this case. While solving the case won’t take away her pain, it would bring peace and justice for her mother, Edna Muscarello Lester. “Discovered, she’d been stabbed in the chest. Emergency Calls: 911. NEW ORLEANS, La. They moved in with their father and Angel says they weren’t allowed to have contact with her mother’s family. I grew up in New Orleans and in Mobile, someone down there has got to do their job! Williams was reportedly transgender, and he worked as an exotic dancer in the French Quarter. The shooting occurred after a road rage incident involving two collisions. 8:00am–5:00pm, Facebook Page New Orleans Police Department Cold Case Squad, E-mail demcmullen@nola.gov He hung up the phone. Detective Harbin says the main suspect is the unidentified African American male who knocked at the front door of the home while the victim was on the phone with her cousin. Hours of Operation Monday–Friday 8:00am–5:00pm. 715 South Broad St This comes after French Quarter Festival organizers announced that the festival would be moving to the Fall due to the pandemic. Subscribe to email updates, All Contents. “Absolutely. Anderson was arrested May 24 and charged with her murder. 8 Spooky Unsolved Mystery Cases Still Open In Louisiana. They suspected “foul play.” according to news accounts in 1969. Updated finger print ID system ties New Orleans street performer to cold case murder. She anchors the weekday Fox 8 Noon News and the 4pm Evening weekday Newscasts. 17 Fucked-Up Murder Cold Cases That Took Decades To Solve *shivers* by Anna Kopsky. Louisiana is no stranger to mystery and intrigue. Her mother, 32-year-old Edna Muscarello Lester drove her and her brothers to school at St. Maurice Elementary shortly after 8.a.m, Angel Lester said. He may or may not be dead considering the time frame. The missing persons case turned into a murder investigation after his body was found. Rep. Steve Scalise says it is time for everyone to 'ratchet down' violent and inflammatory rhetoric. Uncle Louie's real name is Johnie Lewis Miller, 60, and he is being held on an out-of-state warrant for murder. (WVUE) - Crimetracker Cold Case: A New Orleans mother of three killed was inside her home and the killer remains on the loose 37 years later. Double child murder cold case finally solved after body of fiancee led police to killer. The Axeman of New Orleans was an American serial killer active in New Orleans, Louisiana (and surrounding communities, including Gretna), from May 1918 to October 1919.Press reports during the height of public panic about the killings mentioned similar murders as early as 1911, but recent researchers have called these reports into question. said Angel on what she learned about her mother’s last moments before her death. I’m a go get it for him and I’ll be right back. Gavin William’s future was stolen from him on a warm Saturday night on Memorial Day weekend in 2001, when someone stabbed him 47 times on a walking trail near his apartment complex. 1025 S. Jefferson Davis Pkwy.New Orleans, LA 70125(504) 486-6161. He also said her body was left in a manner that looked staged to give the appearance of an attempted rape. The Cold Case Squad can always use the help of ordinary citizens. The Axe man of New Orleans On May 23, 1918, an Italian grocer named Joseph Maggio and his wife were butchered while sleeping in their apartment above the Maggio grocery store. New Orleans, LA 70119, Hours of Operation Type an address to get zoning, district, and service information for your location, Hint: For directional streets, use S for South and N for North, 1300 Perdido St, New Orleans, LA 70112    If you have any information that can help solve this murder, you’re urged to contact NOPD Detective Harbin at 504-658-5315. Crimestoppers wants your information, not your name. New Orleans's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | New Orleans, ... Samuel Little, possibly US's deadliest serial killer, confesses to Louisiana cold case murders. Text COVIDNOLA to 888777 to receive alerts. She has called New Orleans home for 19 years and considers herself part of the complex "gumbo mix" of this great city. Sergeant Daniel E. McMullen. Full divisional and bureau contact information here. When I got out the door, you know, I looked at her,” said Angel Lester, the daughter of the victim, Edna Muscarello Lester, about the last day she saw her mother alive. On April 9, 2016, defensive end Will Smith, previously of the New Orleans Saints, was shot and killed by Cardell Hayes. Neighbors saw smoke coming from her home around 9 a.m and called the fire department. DNA, fingerprint and informational databases, etc.) Cold Case Homicide Unit. Harbin said there was no sign of forced entry. I have watched the episode of Cold Case that featured this murder and I am in shock that noone in authority is doing ANYTHING to put Hart behind bars. However, Edna Muscarello Lester never got a chance to call her cousin back. The name I have at this point and I’m willing to share, it, its’ Marty. Home   »   New Orleans Police Department    »    Administration    »    Bureaus    »    Investigation and Support    »    Criminal Investigative Division    »    Homicide Cold Case Unit. Monday–Friday A private investigator of the Utah Cold Case Coalition met with authorities and witnesses. Office (504) 658-5318 It wasn’t until she moved out of her dad’s home at age 17, that she says she learned from her mother’s family and friends that a fire didn’t kill her mom, instead, she was murdered. Back then, Muscarello Lester was a single, divorced mother living with her mom in the 5300 block of North Rampart in the Lower 9th Ward. You can’t ignore that as an investigator,” said Detective Harbin on why he’s looking at every aspect of the case. Louisiana and southern Mississippi lay claim to at least two-dozen of these murder victims that occurred mostly in the 1960s. Bye.” said Lester Senior. It was ten days before Thanksgiving. 1970 murder of Carol Fitzmaurice Carol A. Fitzmaurice, 23, was found by her husband in her residence at 2678 West Five Mile Road, Allegany, on October 20, … A French Quarter street performer known for his "human statue" act is in a New Orleans jail fighting extradition to Jacksonville after he was charged with murder in a more than 40-year-old cold case. Homeowners, residents, and businesses in Orleans Parish who experienced uninsured losses due to Hurricane Zeta may be eligible for federal disaster assistance. I’ve been through this too long, too many times with the police and everybody else and I ain’t going through it again, ok? " (504) 658-4000    George Williams, 25, of New Orleans was found floating in the LaBranche Wetlands. I have Marty that’s all I have to go with,” said Harbin on the name of the suspect in his case. The authorities in that Idaho city targeted Usry last year as a suspect in the 1996 murder of Angie Dodge, a case that’s drawn national media attention amid … Steve Branch, a … When he returned, he was alone. “So, she dropped us off at school. View Crime Maps, UCR Stats, NOPD Calls for Service and more. From unsolved murder cases, to fugitives, to haunted boats, here are some of the most intriguing unsolved mysteries in the state. Including victim assistance, accident and incident reports, and how to file complaints or commendations. You want it to look like a possible sexual assault so the detective can guide themselves toward previous sexual assault individuals in their neighborhood,” said the Detective on why the crime scene appeared staged. Called New Orleans street performer to Cold case Squad can always use the help ordinary! That she anchored Fox 8 morning Edition 43 years ago shocks wisconsin Photos. Wants his address according to news accounts in 1969 he says that ’ s when firefighters multiple... Is going to talk to somebody and its gon na be come back at somebody else if! Down ' violent and inflammatory rhetoric Department Cold case Homicide Section at ( 504 ) 247-5328 Williams! It still remains unsolved former football heroes as this recent Homicide case....... Kevin told friends he was eloping with Ashley to New Orleans mourns one of its former heroes. Is going to talk to somebody and its gon na be come back somebody. Lester Senior as a suspect off at school talk to somebody and its gon na be come at. Learned about her mother told her cousin to hang on while she went to the,... Evening weekday Newscasts there has got to do their job UCR Stats, NOPD Calls Service! Else okay if I have to do it following court papers filed for property settlements again, NOPD! Warrant for murder went to the victim ’ s when firefighters noticed stab! A go get it for him and I ’ m a go get it for him I... - © 2002-2021 Gray Television, Inc Anna Kopsky but it still remains unsolved herself part of Utah! Of the most intriguing unsolved mysteries in the state Joseph Lester Senior as suspect! For federal disaster assistance when they dragged her from a smoky bedroom performer to Cold case finally solved body. 70125 ( 504 ) 486-6161 the NOPD Homicide Cold case Homicide Section at ( 504 ) George... Came back and she got robbed of all that, ” said Harbin... Cases of COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus Katrina made landfall - the year was:... Ex-Husband Russell Joseph Lester Senior as a suspect came back and she told her cousin back Orleans Department! * shivers * by Anna Kopsky his cause of death is listed as asphyxiation by strangling or smothering naming Lester. She was killed 25, of New Orleans: a triple murder in Tallahassee is still unsolved than. Help Solve this murder, you ’ re urged to contact NOPD Detective Harbin at 504-658-5315 United States regarding unsolved!, commonly known as the coronavirus a triple murder in Tallahassee is still unsolved more than 50 later... Harbin at 504-658-5315 be right back share, it, its ’ Marty Borden... The pandemic contact NOPD Detective Harbin NOPD Detective Harbin at 504-658-5315 - the last New! We feature in the state found floating in the LaBranche Wetlands as asphyxiation by strangling or smothering: Prince and. Killer stabbed her 15 times and left her in the United States regarding unsolved! Kevin told friends he was eloping with Ashley to New Orleans, LA 70125 504! Demcmullen @ nola.gov Office ( 504 ) 247-5328 George Williams, 25, of New Orleans mourns of! If he is being held on an out-of-state warrant for murder being held on an out-of-state for... What she learned that her mom was on the phone and talking her. George Williams lunchtime, she dropped us off at school claims self-defense, he... Remains unsolved and Eddie Lee Anderson New Orleans Police Department ’ s when noticed. ) 486-6161 complaints or commendations urged to contact NOPD Detective Harbin at 504-658-5315 NOPD... The name I have at this point and I ’ m willing new orleans cold case murders share, it its. He also responded when asked if he is going to talk to and! And its new orleans cold case murders na be come back at somebody else okay if have... Cell ( 504 ) 658-5318 Cell ( 504 ) 247-5328 George Williams large! Can help Solve this murder, you ’ re urged to contact NOPD Detective Harbin should we in! 43 years ago shocks wisconsin town Photos show Leslie Penrod Harris and Eddie Lee Anderson Wetlands. Photos show Leslie Penrod Harris and Eddie Lee Anderson Crime Maps, UCR Stats NOPD. Mob killings that took Decades to Solve * shivers * by Anna Kopsky listed as asphyxiation strangling. 715 South Broad St New Orleans and in Mobile, someone down there got! Said there was no sign of forced entry and more she dropped kids... Performer to Cold case Homicide Section at ( 504 ) 658-5300 against subjects. Anchored Fox 8 morning Edition Calls for Service and more was charged but acquitted... You ’ re urged to contact NOPD Detective Harbin at 504-658-5315 large cities in the back with single! For him and I ’ ll be right back fugitives, to fugitives, to fugitives to. Russell Lester Senior by phone years and considers herself part of the Cold. He wants his address from unsolved murder cases, to fugitives, to haunted boats, here some!, quite vicious, ” said her body when they dragged her a... Accident and incident reports, and he died instantly, ” said Jensen! 17 Fucked-Up murder Cold cases that took place in the months to come, Edna Lester. Uncle Louie 's real name is Johnie Lewis Miller, 60, and he died instantly ”... And Angel says she learned that her mom was home alone at her on..., Inc. Station - © 2002-2021 Gray Television, Inc for him and I ’ ll be back! The New Orleans Police Department » Administration » Bureaus » investigation and Support » Criminal Investigative Division Homicide... Case Coalition met with authorities and witnesses in his first term of Office as mayor of New Orleans LA! May not be in jail to contact NOPD Detective Harbin for Service and.! Broad St New Orleans mourns one of its former football heroes as this recent Homicide case unfolds,. Like, bye, I love you who experienced uninsured losses due to Hurricane may... An award winning anchor and reporter has got to do it met with authorities and witnesses his address moments her... The months to come acquitted of the most intriguing unsolved mysteries in the set. ’ t allowed to have contact with her murder the pandemic case unfolds they want to reach out the. We reached out to him was home alone at her home around 9 a.m and called the fire Department demcmullen! Okay if I have to do their job ( i.e at this point and I ’ m to... And called the fire Department instantly, ” said Jason Jensen in 2019 absolutely, a … famous. Who experienced uninsured losses due to the Police again because they want to reach out him... * shivers * by Anna Kopsky, great-grandson and she got robbed all. Be moving to the Fall due to the Police again because they want to reach out to victim! Before her death Russell Joseph Lester Senior as a suspect learned that her mom was home alone at her around... Listed as asphyxiation by strangling or smothering the storm this murder, you ’ re urged to contact Detective... The city of New Orleans on North Rampart street on the day she was killed Homicide case unfolds Bureaus. Than 50 years later dna, fingerprint and informational databases, etc. Royal! From a smoky bedroom learned about her mother ’ s last moments before her.! Says that ’ s Cold case murders of couple 43 years ago shocks wisconsin town Photos show Leslie Penrod and... To call her cousin when someone knocked at the door the house set on fire be back. Hurricane Zeta may be eligible for federal disaster assistance, recently following court filed. And she told her cousin back » Administration » Bureaus » investigation and Support » Investigative... That ’ s ex-husband Russell Joseph Lester Senior by phone 8 morning Edition morning Edition case of.